The Harold Grinspoon Charitable Foundation supports and rewards exceptional public and parochial school teachers in our region as part of the Pioneer Valley Awards for Excellence in Education.
To celebrate the successes of area teachers, and to encourage them to remain in the teaching field, the award provides:
- A cash award of $500.
- An engraved plaque.
- A 3-month YMCA membership.
- An invitation to a celebration event at the Log Cabin.
- Invitation from WGBY to take an online course.
- $100 scholarships given by Western New England University, Springfield College, and Westfield State University to take a graduate course.LI>
Nominees must be certified by the State of Massachusetts and must demonstrate professionalism through:
- Excellence in teaching practices.
- His/her own professional development.
- Good attendance on the job.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and/or working with children.
Each school community decides on the selection process, one that is fair and equitable. One teacher is selected for every 1,000 students; for schools over 1,000 students, another first-year teacher may also be selected.
Gallery of Past PVETA AwardsCreated with Admarket's flickrSLiDR.
Download photos from Flickr.com
Excellence in Teaching Awards (Hampden County East)
Excellence in Teaching Awards (Franklin/Hampshire Counties)
Excellence in Teaching Awards (Hampden County West)